12th International Workshop on
The 12th International Workshop ‘’Application of Electrochemical Techniques to Organic Coatings’’ (AETOC) will took place in Val di Fiemme, Italy, from March 29th to April 1st 2022 (EFC event No. 475).
This workshop has been organized every two years and took place previously in Schliffkopf (Germany), Jurata (Poland), Sintra (Portugal), Villard de Lans (France), Bayona (Spain), Grado (Italy), Mons (Belgium), Emmetten (Switzerland), Ile de Ré (France), Billerbeck (Germany) and Valencia (Spain). Unfortunately, due to the COVID19 outbreak, the workshop has not been organized during 2021. We intend to host the 12th International Workshop ‘’Application of Electrochemical Techniques to Organic Coatings’’ in Cavalese (Val di Fiemme).
Val di Fiemme (60 km North-East Trento) is surrounded by two natural parks and stunning Dolomite peaks (Unesco World Heritage Site) dominating the South-Tyrolean canyon of Bletterbach, Mountain group of Latemar and the park Paneveggio Pale di San Martino.
The meeting falls under the auspices of the European Federation of Corrosion - Working Party 14 -Coatings. This workshop has always provided opportunities for the delegates to exchange new ideas, to establish research relations as well as to find global partners for future collaborations. The language of the workshop will be English.
We sincerely do hope to meet you in the fruitful, inspiring and friendly atmosphere that have always distinguished AETOC from the other scientific conferences.
AETOC workshop is dealing with all the topics related to recent developments in the application of electrochemical techniques to the study and monitoring of organic coatings, as well as novel hybrid (i/o) sol-gel and composite coatings with self-healing and protective properties. Topics of particular interest include:
- Electrochemical studies of organic coatings;
- Electrochemical studies of hybrid (i/o) sol-gel and composite coatings
- Electrochemical studies of surface conversion layers to improve paint adhesion and durability
- Electrochemical characterisation of smart organic layers
- Electrochemical techniques to assess the properties of green and sustainable materials for novel organic coatings;
- Service life assessments thorough electrochemical methods;
- Combination of electrochemical techniques to study corrosion inhibitors for paints;
- Novel electrochemical methods to study sol-gel based and organic coatings;
- Electrochemical sensors to monitor organic coatings degradation;
- Modelling of electrochemical properties of organic coatings.
Detailed information about accomodation, conference fees and registration will be provided soon.
Stay tuned for updates.
Kindly notice: no onsite registation or payment will be accepted
Lorenzo Fedrizzi, University of Udine, Italy
Carmen Pérez Pérez, University of Vigo, Spain
Alda Simoes, IST, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
Joerg Vogelsang, Sika Technology AG, Switzerland
Marjorie Olivier, University of Mons, Belgium
Julio Suay, Universidad de Castellón, Spain
Sebastien Touzain, University of La Rochelle, France
Fátima Montemor, University of Lisbon, Portugal